Unlocking the Power of Customer Education Software: A Comprehensive Guide
Consumer expectations are higher than ever, which has quickly put a spotlight on the value of customer education and training. This refers to the content that organizations are introducing to onboard, engage, and retain new and existing customers more effectively — ensuring that they can receive the most value from products and services. However, at first glance, approaching customer education can be daunting.
To simplify the process, teams are turning to customer education software — platforms specifically designed to streamline customer onboarding and continuous user education — like a learning management system (LMS). This is key to reaching invaluable business advantages including an improved customer experience, increased engagement, reduced time to value, and more.
With accelerated investments in customer education software anticipated in 2023 and beyond, we’re taking a closer look at the benefits and features of these robust LMS solutions and how your team can leverage customer training software for success.
5 benefits of introducing robust customer education software
Why are teams highlighting the importance of customer education today now more than ever? The advantages of great training software and subsequent programs speak for themselves. Here are some of the top benefits that are accelerating the growth of customer training:
- Improved customer satisfaction: A comprehensive customer training platform arms your valued clientele with the knowledge base and resources they need to use your products and services effectively. Faster time to value boosts customer satisfaction, increasing the chances of repeat purchases moving forward.
- Higher revenue: Users that are well-equipped to get the most out of your offerings help advance product adoption rates among existing and potential customers, and ultimately, drive revenue growth. Organizations with formalized education programs, such as a powerful LMS, have seen revenue increases of up to 6.2%.1
- Greater customer loyalty and retention: Considering the cost of acquiring new customers is significantly higher than retaining ongoing users, customer retention and loyalty are critical for teams across industries today. By providing online training that supports an improved customer experience, your brand can build stronger relationships with high-value consumers and drive their long-term loyalty.
- Enhanced brand reputation: Investing in customer product training is an effective way to demonstrate your commitment to user success. This can help potential customers view your organization in a positive light.
- Increased scalability: Online learning capabilities mean customer product training is available anytime and anywhere. What’s more, on-demand platforms like learning management systems are easily scalable to accommodate growing customer or product bases. An LMS is a cost-effective method for providing educational content to users on a large scale.
What are the key features of customer education software?
The rising importance of comprehensive online training for consumers has led to the accelerated emergence of user education solutions. However, not all customer education software is created equal. So, what sets apart an average training program from an exceptional one?
Let’s explore some of the main features of a successful training platform:
Customizable educational content
A robust platform will be customizable, enabling personalization and adaptive learning based on a customer’s unique preferences. This is critical for creating personalized learning paths that meet individual customer needs. An LMS can be easily tailored to perform specific functions and organize information according to established requirements.
Gamification is a highly popular technique used across educational content and training material today to drive engagement and the overall learning experience — promoting long-term customer retention. Considering that applying gamification techniques to customer engagement strategies can lead to a 54% increase in trial usage and a 15% increase in buy clicks, these capabilities are a key aspect of an effective solution.2
Analytics and reporting
While organizations worldwide are increasingly implementing systems to educate customers, 43% of companies have yet to establish a clear process for measuring the impact of their programs.3 Choosing an LMS with powerful analytics and reporting capabilities is essential to track consumer progress, measure the effectiveness of your programs, and identify areas for improvement.
An exhaustive platform should support the delivery of content across multiple formats and tools, including desktop and mobile devices, video, audio, and text. This ensures every learner can access necessary resources and learning content when, where, and how they choose. Today, 64% of learners say it’s essential that they can access training materials from mobile tech.4
Integration with other systems
To simplify your internal processes and provide a seamless online learning experience for users, your LMS for customer education should easily integrate with other systems. This includes your customer relationship management (CRM), content management system (CMS), human resources information system (HRIS), and more.
How to implement and optimize customer education software
Looking for the features your customer training solution should offer is only the first step in leveraging such software successfully. Follow these steps to implement and utilize customer education software effectively:
- Employee retention: Track how reskilling and upskilling efforts impact employee retention rates. A reduction in turnover rates can lead to significant cost savings associated with hiring and onboarding new employees.
- Productivity: Monitor the impact of training on employee performance and productivity. An increase in productivity can translate into higher revenue and better overall company performance.
- Time to proficiency: Measure the time it takes for employees to become proficient in new skills or roles after completing training programs. A reduction in this metric indicates a more efficient and effective training process.
- Find the right platform: Your initial step involves discovering the platform that suits your unique customer needs. You can evaluate solutions based on factors including their provided features, scalability, ease of use, and cost.
- Establish metrics to measure success: Determining relevant metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and industry benchmarks for your customer training will be critical to measure the success of your program. This can include product adoption rates, customer satisfaction, and completion rates.
- Develop content (Keep training material fresh): Now, you can create the content and curriculum for your specific customer training needs. This should involve developing engaging and interactive online learning experiences that are tailored to your audience while taking care to update content as needed.
- Introduce the customer education program and offer support: Once you’re fully prepared to launch your program successfully, you can deploy the platform. For the best results, ensure you and your software provider can offer valuable support along the way.
- Continuously monitor and optimize the program: With your customer education solution in place, it’s essential to monitor it, regularly identify areas for improvement, and continuously optimize its effectiveness. Frequent reassessment will ensure your programs can stand the test of time.
Elevate your customer training with Absorb LMS
For a powerful customer training solution that has all of the key features you need to foster success, look no further than Absorb LMS. Our cloud-based solution is designed to meet your organization's unique customer education needs with solutions that enable enhanced flexibility, improved ROI, and increased scalability.
Customer success stories
Absorb LMS empowers your customer lifecycle with a comprehensive customer training program. Quickly and efficiently boost customer engagement, support, and satisfaction with intuitive interfaces and integrations — all while gaining valuable insight through extensive reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Absorb LMS Bolsters Blended Learning at Software Company | Read More
- Global eTraining Scales to 154 Countries With Absorb LMS | Read More
- 5 Effective Ways to Scale Your Customer Training Program | Read More
- Customer Experience Training: 3 Strategies for a Stronger CX | Read More
- How the Right Customer Training Experience Will Make Customers Your Advocates | Read More