June 12, 2012
A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up Your Learning Management System (Part 10)
This is the final installment in this series! Here are all the previous posts:
- Part 1: The importance of a structured approach to setting up a learning management system. Also: "Consider Your Learners"
- Part 2: "Perform a Content Inventory Audit"
- Part 3: "Establish Who Needs What Content"
- Part 4: "Define Administrative Roles and Create Admin Accounts"
- Part 5: "Create Learner Groups and Placeholders for Identifiers"
- Part 6: "Import, Configure, and Test Content"
- Part 7: "Create Curricula/Learning Paths"
- Part 8: "Create Enrollment Rules or Course Assignments"
- Part 9: "Add Learners"
- Create relevant reports. Common useful reports include:
- Learner progress in different courses, either for all your learners, a group of learners, or individual learners
- How learners collectively answered test questions
- Course evaluation reports
- Certifications obtained
- Save those reports if your LMS provides this option
- Push out those reports to external managers if the LMS contains this feature