August 19, 2014
Borrow this University Business Model to Sell Certification Programs
You, dear reader, can obtain an education from the most prestigious universities in the world, all for free. It makes no difference whether you received straight `A's in high school or whether you spent your high school years sitting in your friend's basement learning to play the opening to Stairway to Heaven on a Gibson Flying V guitar instead of studying for final exams. Your past educational performance has no impact on your ability to study at the world's best universities. Your choice of institutions includes many of the status rock stars of the higher-ed world:
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Columbia University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- McGill University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Tokyo
- And many more
- Make courses available for free
- Charge for the certificate
- Create a curriculum containing the courses and learning activities the learner must complete to meet the requirements of certification.
- Create a course separate from this curriculum that issues the certificate. A prerequisite for accessing this certificate course must be the successful completion of the curriculum.
- Configure this certificate course with the necessary pricing details.